Friday, March 9, 2012

Rachel -- Rest in Peace

Today's news:

"Her Interactive has lost a huge Nancy Drew fan in Rachel Vaughn. Today, Rachel passed away at 17 due to Kidney Cancer. Through the Make-A-Wish Foundation, we were able to meet Rachel and make some of her wishes come true. Tomb of the Lost Queen will be dedicated to Rachel and you will see pictures of her in the game. Our thoughts and prayers are with her family at this time."

Some team members went to visit Rachel today, and not long after they had left, she passed away. To honor her wish, she will appear in our upcoming game. As we mourn for our dear fan, I find myself thrilled that we as a company are able to make wishes come true, and invest in our fans' lives. We love doing what we do as much as you enjoy playing our games. Rest in peace, Rachel! You will be missed.

I have not forgotten about the weekend puzzle, this one is simply just for fun. Enjoy!

Nancy Drew Math

A. The Number of games that features a hand holding a necklace on the box art minus one.
B. The game # Legend of the Crystal Skull is minus # of Nancy’s best friends (all of them)
C. The Number of paw prints on the Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake’s page plus three.
D. The number of letters of the name of the first character listed on the Characters page for Trail of the Twister multiplied by 2, minus one.
E. The number of fish you see on the White Wolf of Icicle Creek page, multiplied by 6.
F. The # of games with the Nancy Drew name in cursive writing on the cover, multiplied by 3.
G. Game number for The Haunting of Castle Malloy minus the game number for Treasure in the Royal Tower.
H. The number on the clock that the long hand is pointing to on the Secret of the Old Clock page plus one.

~Little Jackalope~

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's very sad,but sweet that she got to have some of her wishes come true. I will be sure tp pray for the family. I can't wait to see her in the new game.

From me,
Silvertongue.

Anonymous said...

That is so sad. My prayers are with Rachel's family. RIP Rachel, you will be missed.
Your Biggest Fan,
Sydney

imrachelnicole said...

Oh! that's so sad! I will be praying for her family.

As for the puzzle- what is the GDML page?

Future Animator said...

Can't tell you how sad i am. :( :( praying for her family and friends. I will be playing TMB in her honor. Thank you for caring so much about your fans HeR. It's great to know what you'll do to make your fans happy and make their dreams come true. Two things I know Rachel and I have in common, love for mysteries and a dream to meet the HI team. (or one day be on the HI team) there are no words to express what you're doing for Rachel, to make her dreams come true. Thank you.

aka Scarlett Risen said...

Thanks for sharing. She looked so beautiful and healthy. May God be with her in the next life.

ILUVNANCY!!! said...

Are the numbers supposed to represent letters or is this just a bunch of random math questions?

NancyDrew5678 said...

I got 98. I feel like that is the wrong answer. Oh well. That is going to be my answer. 98.

Selina said...

Rest in peace Rachel.
I love how the company made her wish come true. I cannot wait to see the new game and see Rachel in it.
Much Love,
~Selina~

NancyDrew5678 said...

I have found my mistake! I got 'A New Look' as the answer.

MJ said...

that's so terrible! I'll be praying for her family.

RIP, Rachel! :(

Sarah Showecker said...

It's horrible she had to die -- but it warms my heart she'll be in the future game! I'll be sure to play, just for her.

Anonymous said...

A new look? Hey, I know what THAT means!

Brynn! said...

@Ashley- I agree. I will also be playing that game for her. Even if I do what I did in SAW- run off screaming because of the ghost. :P

Anonymous said...

It is so sad. Just then I made a prayer to her and her family. And I'm so happy she gets to be in the next game!