Monday, March 5, 2012

Monday Discoveries

First off, the contest has closed and we have picked a winner, which we will announce tomorrow with the puzzle solution, so hang tight!

It has been a super busy start to the week today. While the rest of the office is working hard on Tomb of the Lost Queen, I've been making preparations for the merchandise store that is to come. A part of those preparations includes gathering some art pieces from past games, and I stumbled across something that absolutely fascinated me!

Check it out! One of the concept designs for Secret of the Scarlet Hand! (As seen left.)

Evidently, we went with the green package design we have now (on the right), but I thought this little piece of archived artwork was worth sharing, even if it is a design path we didn't follow. What do you think? Do you like the green design or the yellow/orange design here?

~Little Jackalope~

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yellow! Though I still love the green!!!
Your Biggest Fan,
Syd

Anonymous said...

They're both very similar,but I like them both.The hands are the same on both.I kind of imagine the new game(Tomb)to look alittle like the yelowish design because it looks egyptianish to me.
What kind of stugf will you have at the store,and do you have a date as to when you will open it?

From me,
Silvertongue.

Anonymous said...

I love the the yellow/orange design! Of course I would never want you to change the current SSH cover but maybe TMB will be yellow? We haven't had a yellow game color yet ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey, Little J,
When is there going to be an official trailer for TOM?

Anonymous said...

I like the new one better. And I like green. :)

ILUVNANCY!!! said...

I'm glad you stayed with green it looks better.

Jessie said...

Wow. Both of those designs are amazing! I think I like the yellow/gold one just a bit better, though! :D

Haley Bug said...

OMG, that so weird that you bring up Secret of the Scarlet hand, i'm replaying it right now! I love the green one!

Philip said...

Wow! Thank you for sharing, Little Jackelope! It's awesome... :D :D

I think... I like the yellow one better, but I think might be because it's novel. But still, I think I like it better than the green one. The gold one is really eyecatching, and if you had used it, I think I would've gotten the game right away. :D

Future Animator said...

I like them both! but I'm glad you picked the green one. I feel like the yellow one had no color.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Jessie, the gold one is so beautiful and polished! The green one is more suspenseful, though.

Auba9 said...

I like the green better and the mayan builings too : )

Anonymous said...

I like the green and mayan buildings : )

Little Jackalope said...

No release date has been set for the TMB trailer. :(

The Decophile said...

I like the green one best, glad it's the one they went with! Though I absolutely love seeing early concepts for such things, which is why I collect art books.

I'm completely stoked for the merchandise store, I get excited just thinking about it!

MJ said...

i agree...the new one does look like an egyptian background. its cool to see the new one but i think the old one goes better.

Anonymous said...

I like the yellow one better. I think the old fashioned box covers are super cool.

M. LeRoy said...

I like the golden one