Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Parlez-vous... mystère?

Ok, so maybe my French isn't perfect, and maybe I didn't pay too close attention to Professor Hotchkiss's French words in Treasure in the Royal Tower, but I thought it would be a nice lead-in to this image:

Check out the French packaging for Secrets Can Kill Remastered that we just viewed yesterday!I find it rather interesting how the localized (creating for different countries) versions of the box art look different. Notice how the text on the spine is backwards from how we read, and the little magnifying glasses are silver and are differently shaped.

Speaking about cover art, word has come to my ear that some of you (particularly on the Her Interactive message board) desire to see a closer-up image of the legendary (or not so legendary) un-published third game to the Dossier series. While this game is not in production and has been "shelved" (see our CEO's interview response to this), we still have the pretty cover art. Do you really want to see it? Shall I pull it out of the dark to show you?

~Little Jackalope~

10 comments:

angel said...

yes please. i love all the games! Please make it available for release soon. also the mobile game would be cool....

Anonymous said...

J'adore la pochette française! Très intéressant de voir comment vous faites les jaquettes différentes pour chaque pays. :)

Anonymous said...

I certainly know I would like to see it, but it would probably make me sad, being the second one of my anticipated games cancelled. (Sam and Max: Freelance Police was the other one) -Tim

Anonymous said...

Yes we do!! Haha I've told my ND playing friends that someday I'd love to work for HER and maybe continue the Dossier series. :D
peppeR

Anonymous said...

YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!

Theresa said...

Show it! Show it! Please show it! Pretty please? :)

Holly said...

I really hope they remove SOS from the shelf and get it out there. I really enjoyed the first two Dossier mysteries. Adventure is still the best of the two, but the Dossier games have become a favorite with me. On a side note, I remember seeing the cover for SOS on the postcard that came with RED. Very small photo, but it's there. Would love to see a higher resolution of that cover.

Melody said...

I already posted a comment on the Ship of Shadows post.

It is very interesting how cover art is different in different countries. One novelist I know of posts her international covers. It's so much fun talking about why there are differences.

Anonymous said...

I loved so much the Dossier series... So sad that SOS has been "shelved"... And the cover art looks pretty cool!

Haley said...

I love seeing the cover art for the international games. I have a copy of the French CLK game, and the cover is sooo different. It has the clock from the original cover, but that's essentially it (it's pretty bland and boring in fact). It's nice to see that most of the others are kept pretty exciting.