Monday, October 24, 2011

A Great Story

Every once in a while I like to stop and think about what makes a good story. Perhaps it's the mystery, adventure, drama, suspense, or interesting history? I know I like a little of all of that perfectly balanced in every book. What makes a great Nancy Drew read? I find that a few hidden passages, secret compartments, puzzles, riddles or codes, villains, treasure, a person in need, some help from Bess and George, and a date or two with Ned makes for great way to sit quietly and enjoy a good mystery. What is it that keeps you coming back for more?

How about a fairy tale or a Charleena Purcell novel?
For those few of you who have played several, if not all, of the Nancy Drew games, you might have found last weekend's puzzle to be rather easy (I hope not, because I love making them hard or tricky) ;)

Here are the game titles where the items are found:
[Mushroom = CRY
Toasty Pack = ICE
Barette/Bow = WAC
Sea Urchin = RAN
Bunny Doll = HAU
Soldering Gun = CAR
Coconut monkey = CRE
Lava Lamp = DAN
Iron = MHM
Lighter = TRT
Metal Polish = ASH
Gold/Ruby Charm = CAP
Telescope Eye Piece = CUR
Arcade Card = SAW
Catnip Mouse Toy = CLK
Popcorn Slide = FIN
Three Cranks = SHA
Ranger Pin = DOG
Pa Penny = TOT
Yellow Bank Card = VEN
Sandwich = DDI
Special Screw driver = TRN
Jade Mayan Cube = SSH
]
Now put them in order of the game release and your letters should spell this: [Nancy I lied, I'm freaking out!] A quote from [Bess] in [Alibi in Ashes].

New wallpapers have gone up for Alibi in Ashes! Check out the Desktop and Mobile version of the old Town Hall!
~Little Jackalope~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait! The HAU doll is a bunny? Ha ha, I always thought it was a dog!

Anonymous said...

Charleena Purcell!

Anonymous said...

What makes me come back for more Nacy Drew?Everything!It;s just so fun.Plus getting scares get your heart pumping,your mind racing...what more can you want.Also,I've decided to ask my parent for ASH for my birthday.Hope I get it because I can't wait to play it!

From me,
Silvertongue.