Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Who is Nancy Drew?

According to me, everyone who plays a Nancy Drew game can claim to be "Nancy Drew", since they take on her character role. Therefore, anybody can suddenly burst into this song that we posted a while back:

Due to several requests, we are posting the lyrics and chords! Perhaps this is your opportunity to perform for a YouTube video, yes? We'd love to see how many "Nancy Drew"s will sing this song!



Guitar Chords:
Capoed on 5: Am, E, F, G
With no capo: Em, B, C, D

"I'm Nancy Drew" song lyrics:

Verse 1
In my line of work it’s fun and games
when new mysteries come my way.
When friends need help, they call me in
So I can track down their dark villain.
At times the case usually seeks me out,
Trouble comes, what’s that about?
These things have logical explanations…
Let’s find them out cause I want my vacation! 

Chorus
Add this to my resume,
I’m Nancy Drew, I hope you’ve heard of me.
I solve the case every time;
I find the treasure and stop all crime.
Don’t try to hide, ‘cause it won’t work.
I’m comin’ for ya, you dirty crook! 

Verse 2
I’ve rescued friends, learned Morse code,
Frozen to death, and blew up a boat!
I’ve danced on stage, and climbed up cliffs,
Worn a disguise, and caught some fish.
When the truth gets close, the culprits get closer,
And danger lurks around every corner.
Snooping is my specialty,
Searching through stuff that doesn’t belong to me. 

Chorus
Add this to my resume,
I’m Nancy Drew, I hope you’ve heard of me. (What?!)
I solve the case every time;
I find the treasure and stop all crime.
Don’t try to hide, ‘cause it won’t work.
I’m comin’ for ya, you dirty crook! 

Verse 3
I’ve been shocked, stung, attacked and eaten,
Suffocated, drowned, poisoned, bitten,
Hit over the head a countless number of times,
But don’t worry, I always seem to be fine...
I’ve jet packed across the old country,
Can understand French, German, Italian and Cockney,
Snuck into meetings and into locked rooms,
But no matter where I go I can’t catch Sonny Joon! 

Chorus
Add this to my resume,
I’m Nancy Drew, I hope you’ve heard of me. (What?!)
I solve the case every time;
I find the treasure and stop all crime.
Don’t try to hide, ‘cause it won’t work.
I’m comin’ for ya, you dirty crook!

Verse 4
Monsters and villains may try to stop me,
And ghosts and creatures aren’t THAT scary!
Reading my journal for clues and notes,
I’m packing my bags and grabbing my coat.
There may be tricks, troubles, and trials ahead,
But I get help from Bess, George and Ned.
Twenty-seven cases in my past I have solved,
Now I’m off to hunt the Ghost of Thornton Hall.

Chorus
Add this to my resume,
I’m Nancy Drew, I hope you’ve heard of me. (What?!)
I solve the case every time;
I find the treasure and stop all crime.
Don’t try to hide, ‘cause it won’t work.
I’m comin’ for ya, you dirty crook! 

---
Also, we have a birthday shout-out!
~Little Jackalope~

15 comments:

ND's #1 fan said...

Hey LJ, do you know where I can find piano sheet music from the games so I can play the songs from the games?
There are a few songs that I would LOVE to play, only I can't find sheet music for it. thanks so much in advance! -ND's #1 fan

Anonymous said...

That is on my top 5 list of songs. I love it!

Just curious, are you left or right handed?

-Lee

Abby said...

Little Jackalope, could you send a birthday wish to my little sister Lilly (who is turning 11) on Thursday, May 30? It would mean so much to her!

Thanks!
~Abby

Anonymous said...

Was the, I'm Nancy Drew, made from another song. If so, what song?

Anonymous said...

Ooh yeah! I'm going to try this out!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Sad thing is I don't play guitar! :( Oh well... I might try to work something out! ;) And Happy 11th Birthday Sami!!

~JOY77

Norwegian Dancer said...

OMMG (Oh my magnifying glass) you just made my day by posting the chords. ♥ I have a new favorite song to play on my ukulele...(^.^)

Anonymous said...

Love the song LJ

Anonymous said...

When you peak around the corner you look like Nancy Drew (at the END) :O Are you she!?!?!?!?

Little Jackalope said...

@ND's #1 fan -- I don't believe the sheet music for the games exists. :( However, there are some videos on YouTube of fans who are playing the music on their own instruments!

@Lee -- I am right-handed. ;)

@Abby -- You bet!

@Norwegian Dancer -- Ukulele! Awesome!

@Anonymous -- At times, I do pretend to be Nancy Drew... XD

ND's #1 fan said...

@LJ- Darn! Alright... ACTUALLY... you guys should REALLY put the sheet music for sale in the merchandise store!!!!! If you are able to... that would be SO AWESOME!!!!!!! I would be your first buyer! lol :)

Anonymous said...

hey Little Jackalope, thanks for posting the chords! but I can't seem to figure out what the strum patteren is... could you help?
thnx!

~Junebug620

Anonymous said...

Love the " I'm Nancy Drew " song, so cool! <3

~ Lizzie Applegate

Samantha Bartley said...

@ND #1 Fan, I have written up the sheet music for the theme song, and songs from Ghost Dogs, Shadow Ranch, Trail of the Twister, and Danger by Design. They are still kind of rough, but maybe one day I will put them online!

ND's #1 fan said...

@Sammy- Really???? Oh if you could put them up sometime that would be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for telling me about it! :)