Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Hunting for Nancy Drew

Is it just me, or is book hunting for musty old, vintage Nancy Drew books and antiques a fun pastime? Although I own all of the yellow-back 56 original titles, I enjoy hunting for different printings, different covers, as well as any of the later mysteries that remind me of the games. (Like Treasure in the Royal Tower and Mystery in Tornado Alley).

Last weekend I went to a large book warehouse that was getting rid of all their stock. The books appeared to be scattered everywhere until I learned that they were all assigned a SKU number. I went online and researched all the Nancy Drew books I wanted to hunt down, and then went exploring in the three large warehouses for these hidden books.

So many bookshelves, I could easily get lost if I wasn't paying attention to the signs.

This warehouse shown below was dark, and required a flashlight to see all the books on the shelves.


I spy some Nancy drew and Hardy Boys books!

Today I promised to reveal more picture answers to last weekend's puzzle. Here you go!
Answers to #1, #2, #3, #4, and #5:

#1 The Captive Curse

#2 Shadow at the Water's Edge

#3 Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake

#4 The Haunting of Castle Malloy

#5 Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake
Tomorrow I will reveal the remaining pictures #6-10. ;)
~Little Jackalope~

13 comments:

Future Animator said...

:O I love hunting down ND books too! I also own all 56 yellow hardbacks, some from when my mom and grandpa were little. I've recently been hunting for originals on eBay. Perhaps youve out bid me a few times...?~.^ that looks like it was a fun hunt! Call me ahead of time so I can fly out there and join you!;D lol

Anonymous said...

I hope you will do more puzzles like this! Super fun!

I know that #10 is from CAP. I think #7 is from Danger by Design. Not totally sure about the other remaining ones. I look forward to finding out the answers!

By the way, in ASH I noticed that one of the kids in the newspaper clipping on the wall in Alexi's shop looks suspiciously like you, Little Jackalope. Is this coincidence?

--LS

horselover23 said...

Yes! I love looking for old ND books and antiques to pass the time


Yea! I got the first row right!

Anonymous said...

I was almost 100% sure #4 was from COBM.

LJ: What is your daily job at HeR? I'm very curious about what you do.

By the way, I finally watched Halloween Snooping on YouTube, and it was awesome! It would be great if you could make more videos.

-Lee

Anonymous said...

hi little j!!!!!! Thanks to the message boards, (and some of my own remembrances)I got all of those right. (: I love Nancy Drew books. (: I've read all of the yellow backs, and some of the others. Oh, It was so funny, I just was playing DED again, and I was talking to Ellie, and I had to blow my nose, and I almost clicked on the tissue box on her desk! (LOL!) I can't wait to play GTH!
-NANCYGEEK
P.s. Ok, so I was reading reviews on GTH, and they keep talking about this weird thing they saw in the cotton room?? One person said it was a giant mole rat, is that true? (I looked them up, and they are... weird. :P)

Hannah said...

OMIGOODNESS!!! I would absolutely LoVe to see that warehouse! It was THAT big?!! And they were getting rid of everything? That's like a dream come true for me! I am somewhat addicted I guess, I have to buy any Nancy Drew book I see! (Well, almost) then if I don't add it to my own collection I sell it on ebay. I've turned my Nancy Drew love into my occupation! LOL So, did you end up finding a good one Little Jackalope?

-Hannah

ND's #1 fan said...

ok... darn! wish i would have got more right :)

ND's #1 fan said...

and that is definitely not just you :)thats one of my favorite things to do too :) so fun! like today me + my mom were at Macy's and I saw a dress that was soft and metallic-looking at the same time, so guess what I said? "This material is so strange. It's soft and metallic all at the same time!" lol I'm replaying DAN so it goes along perfectly :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Little Jackalope! I really love your blog posts as they are fun and full of mystery as well. Could you do a birthday shout-out for my sister Rachel? Would really appreciate it! :) Thank you!

-Time will Tell

Anonymous said...

It may sound weird, but I love the smell of paper and maybe "old" when I read a book, that's probably why I don't like reading E-Books.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy hunting for different editions of Nancy Drew books too! I have about two editions of each book (original and revised).

Anonymous said...

OH! I want to go to that warehouse,like,right now! I love books,even if they aren't ND or HB. I'm totlly jealous. Glad you had fun though.

From me,
Silvertongue.

Rachel Stevens said...

I own the featured merchandise item