Thursday, May 16, 2013

Startling Moments!

Today is a good day to start talking about the game play of Ghost of Thornton Hall. One of the true things about the older games (when I didn't know what was going to happen) that made me nervous was every time that I was about to turn a corner, or enter a new environment. Who knew that a shadowy figure would walk across the halls in Message in a Haunted Mansion? Or that a crow would nearly fly into your face in The Haunting of Castle Malloy?

Here in the office, one of the scare styles we like to incorporate to scary games, or thriller games, is the element of surprise. When you least expect it (or totally anticipate it) something will happen suddenly to startle you! Have you had this Nancy Drew moment before?


Did we startle you in Ghost of Thornton Hall? How about in Shadow at the Water's Edge? Does Message in a Haunted Mansion still get to you and make you nervous? If so, we recommend this Nancy Drew-type advice:


If you have played Ghost of Thornton Hall already, are there any other games you are missing from your mystery collection? With school letting out soon and summer being just around the corner, this may be a good time to catch up on some unsolved cases!

Head's up! Tomorrow we announce the 100 mask winners on our site!
~Little Jackalope~

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that scene!

Is WWOIC a good game? Thanks. Just realized...they all are. Silly me.

-Lee

Anonymous said...

Hey,just so you know,the creature still gets me in CAP. LOL.

From me,
Silvertongue.

Future Animator said...

The hauntings in GTH didn't really scare me...it was the anticipation of getting scared!:) and plus my little sister just screaming at nothing while I was concentrating just to scare me;P yay little sisters lol. Oh well, can't complain, I'm a little sister as well.

So excited to hear who's gonna win the masks! I hope my friend wins one, she'd love it!!

Guess what?! I got my first job, at Chick-fil-A! I'm gonna buy you guys out of merchandise!!
The woman that interviewed me was named Megan, which I thought was kinda funny since I always pictured Megan at HeR to do all the interviewing. And since HeR is where I wanna work one day I found it funny:)

ND's #1 fan said...

LOL 2 the ND moment! So true! And yes... MHM still gets to me... the "I see you!" part is always creepy... but fun lol :)
-ND's #1 fan
PS- what happened to the poll? it's not there anymore!!!! :( what gives?
:)

Isis4Ever said...

That moment really startled me in GTH because I wasn't expecting it! I loved all of the scary parts of GTH. Good job, HeR! :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry if this ended up being the second time I posted, my server is acting funny.
Anyway, would ya mind giving a happy birthday to on of your youngest fans, my sister, tomorrow the 17th? Her name is Amanda and she will be turning 6.
Also, could you base it off her new favorite game, GTH?
Thanks!!!!

Anonymous said...

I had 1 Nancy Drew moment

I opened a door with a card much like the student ID

Hopeful Rabbit Productions said...

Nope. I'm all caught up. Watching Michael Gray's stuff keeps my Nancy Drew curiosity of other game systems happy.
Also, I sent you a fan letter, Little Jackalope. :D

Katie said...

There were a lot of people from Ohio on the winners list. Unfortunately I'm from MN and only one other person won from there. But CONGRATULATIONS to everybody who won!......I'm so jealous. XD Anywho I'm only missing WWC LCS RSS TOT, and SCK. Which is sort of a lot, but there are 28 games in all!

WWNDD12 said...

For anyone who didn't win the mask (Like me) You can buy the same masks on Amazon.com just search for lace mask, and they are exactly the same!


Congrats to everyone who won!

Anonymous said...

I just finished GTH and I LOVED IT! :D Can't wait for #29!


- Ella

P.S. I heard people saying the bloopers weren't good, but I thought that they were two thumbs up! :)

Hopeful Rabbit Productions said...

Thank you, WWNDD12! :D

Anonymous said...

Oh yes!!! When you are in the cotton gin room and you open the door, a shadow walks by the door. I found myself crouching back in my seat... You guys did a great job on Charlotte too. She's gorgeous!! Which is weird for a ghost.... but still, she's really pretty. Hope they make a Halloween costume of her, cuz I would totally wear it.