Thursday, September 12, 2013

"I'd like a bowl of gumbo, please!"

The day has finally come when a food truck came by our office building that serves gumbo! Hooray! Bess in Legend of the Crystal Skull has the opportunity to visit a nearby food truck, called "Granny's Cajun Cooking". I got to experience this Nancy Drew--er--Bess Marvin Moment in real life today:



Our artist, John, was the one who worked on that very environment for the game. He, too, tried gumbo for the first time today!


It's not the prettiest picture, but gumbo is sure good! (And a bit on the spicy side). This gumbo had white rice, chicken and spicy sausage, as well as various spices. It was amazing! I'd recommend trying it someday when you get the chance.

We've had a lot of great fan art come in lately, and I haven't had much of a chance to show it off with all the news about The Silent Spy lately. Check these out:

 

Sometime next week I'll share all the fan art for The Silent Spy.
~Little Jackalope~

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!
I tried gumbo for the first time this year.It was a shrimp and crab gumbo,and it was tasty.(:
Great fan art guys/girls!Very detailed!

Crazy101 said...

Hey Little Jackalope
Did you get my letter?




(Teagpow)

Crazy101 said...

Oh one last thing you can recall on the card over it, it said superb and more things on it. I hope you got it! :)



(Teagpow)

CJNecklace said...

OMG! Tell ms. Joyce that she is awesome! (You are too of course!) Thanks for featuring my art work!!!!

If you hold it up to the light, theres a secret(irish) message from SPY... I'll send y'all the picture I took of it before I mailed it to you! Thanks again(=

--Candace C. from TX

ruthie said...

Hey LJ! I love to draw and recently I made a picture of nancy drew (that is amazing, if I do say so my self!) :) Anyways, I was wondering, where did these people on this post send their pictures to? Because it would be so cool to have one of my pictures displayed!

William D said...

Oooooooo that sounds soooo good -stomach growls- o-o But I had dinner XD
You're making me hungry :P
Did you check out the link I sent you?
Also, I wanna work at HerInteractive even more now... food trucks! XD
Do you enjoy everything you get from the food trucks? Or dislike certain ones?

Hannah said...

That is WITHOUT A DOUBT the tallest counter I have EVER seen in my entire life. It was far above both your head and the designers too! LOL Were these gumbo owners especially giant people? XD

Allison the Writer said...

Yum! What's the drink?

Bad Wolf said...

I like all the fan art! And I really like the one with Sonny June! Good job everyone :D!!!!

Anonymous said...

The koko kringle art is mine :D

Unknown said...

Hi Little Jackalope!!!!!!!

I don't really comment much on your blog but I read it every day!!!!!

Tommorow, the 14th is my 13th birthday!!!! I know that you don't post on the weekend, but I was wondering if sometime you could give me a birthday shout out!!!

Thanks, Liam


Little Jackalope said...

@Teagpow -- We did indeed receive your lovely card, Teagpow! Thank you very much!

@CJNecklace -- Yep, we saw the secret message the moment we held it to the light. Nice work, it was very creative and so cool!

@ruthie -- Only sometimes do we share fan art on the blog, most of the time it fans post to our Facebook Page wall. However, you are welcome to send your art to feedback@herinteractive.com to share with us your enthusiasm!

@Hannah -- It was a very tall counter! But then, it was a truck, which is large already...

@Allison -- It was sweet tea, and it was wonderful!

Anonymous said...

you know what i'd love as a setting for a nancy drew game? one of those all natural eco friendly homes, chemical free everything, it'd be different and informative and interesting.

Anonymous said...

I want to try some gumbo. But yeah,it looks gross. :)

From me,
Silvertongue.