Tuesday, March 17, 2009

St. Patrick's Day

Did you remember to wear green today? There have been a couple "pinchers" around the office on the prowl, but thankfully I’m in suitable fashion. I did manage to stumble upon an interesting item I thought I’d share with you all today (given its obvious context with the holiday.)



This is a keychain passed around the office as a promotion for the release of Nancy Drew®: The Haunting of Castle Malloy. Not only does the marketing team reach out to you guys, but sometimes they like to build a bit of anticipation within the office too. There were some masks floating around the office during the Phantom of Venice release, and Mardi Gras beads when Legend of the Crystal Skull launched. I think it’s pretty cool that the office has a kind of “pep rally” for its workers.

I wonder what we’ll see when Ransom of the Seven Ships gets released… ohhhh the anticipation.

~ Slan go foil

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to have one of those! drewfan112

Anonymous said...

How do you get on the list to get one of those, eh? :P

Novel_Sleuth said...

@drewfan112 - In regards to that, I've been told by Marketing that they sometimes give these items away to contest winners. ^.~

Anonymous said...

Note to self: Enter more contests. Oh yeah, and be sure to win!

Anonymous said...

That is sooooo cool!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a great prize that would be! I've always wished that HI would consider adding a "store" where we could purchase items like this. An HI mug like from MHM or an ornament like the avatar would be so cool. Not only that I really think it would be very profitable for HI and a great marketing tool for conversation starters.

Anonymous said...

That four leaf clover is really cool. nice Irish twist to Nancy!!!
:) ~ndfreak53

Anonymous said...

Aw, I should have entered the riddle contest! That looks really cool!

Anonymous said...

I <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 That keychain! I want one! jk, but they are super amazing. =D

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I would definitely buy this sort of item! Consider an online store for this stuff. Or, maybe package it with a version of the games? Then people could buy the regular version or the 'special edition' version.

Novel_Sleuth said...

We've certainly thought about selling this stuff in the past, or in a bundle (ala Jess' idea.) Who knows, maybe we'll see more of it in the future. ^.^

Anonymous said...

that is so pretty!!
i loved the suggestion about having a store with that kind of stuff in it :)
very cool!

Anonymous said...

You know, I did forget to wear green on St. Patrick's day. loll, and I only got pinched once! :D
Mann that is so awesome! I want oneee! Maybe I'll try to enter your next contest. ^_^

Gwen said...

Oooo, I want one! It'd be awesome if HeR sold them... :D

Anonymous said...

That would be really cool if HER sold stuff like that; i would totally buy them...