Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Do you Hacky?



If you read Friday's blog about burgers, then I'm sure you'll understand the need for some of the office to get up and get moving. Another fun office tradition is to play a bit of hacky-sack for exercise (and a nice healthy break, weather permitting.) It's been an office staple for much longer than I've been here, and the artists absolutely love the excuse to get outside and unwind for a bit. Enjoying the sun is my favorite part, particularly with the silly Seattle weather we've been having. So what kind of activities do you all do to keep the mind and body sharp?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds fun!! I like going on walks in my small town with friends :)

Anonymous said...

Dancing!!

Anonymous said...

How do you play Hacky Sacky?

Well, to keep the mind sharp I read and Write,
as for the body, Karate beats all. (bearing in mind that I'm still a white belt)

Novel_Sleuth said...

@Alleyn - Hacky-sack is played with a small ball, often filled with sand or plastic beans, and you attempt to keep it from hitting the ground by means of juggling. You can use any part of your body accept your hands and you try to pass the hacky-sack around to everyone who is playing. Maybe I can get some action shots next time!

Anonymous said...

I like Dancing, Swimming, Tennis, and Volleyball and Softball.

Gwen said...

Hacky Sack sounds like fun! I normally like playing around with friends or volleyball. :)

Anonymous said...

That looks like a lot of fun!

My favorite way of staying fit is walking, either solo or with my dog. If my dog (who always pulls on the leash when she sees cars) comes with me, then I get a great arm work out as well! LOL!