Thursday, April 25, 2013

A Beautiful Game

It seems to me as though a lot of fans find Ghost of Thornton Hall to be a beautiful game with an attractive story. Because of this, we have seen a lot more fan art come in or be posted on our social sites like Facebook or Twitter, even though no one outside of the office has played it! I must say that I agree with this game's "beauty" so to speak. While I have played it (multiple times) I do find this game to have one of the most beautiful (if not THE most beautiful) story/art combination for a game ever.

Fan art: a lovely drawing presented on red silk and decorated with black lace and a dead rose. Perfect!


The "ghost" is very pretty in her old-fashioned gown and is intriguing with her lace mask and odd behavior and appearances. The music really helps carry the story and emotions behind it, and the mystery itself is a bit deep. Anyways, I'll let you be the official judges of this game once you get your hands on it. :)

Another fan sent in a letter along with this burnt-edged poem from GTH, I love the script!


Also, another birthday! Yay!
~Little Jackalope~

9 comments:

Future Animator said...

I've noticed a lot of fan art for GTH:) I was instantly inspired as well, but with photography. I was so inspired I looked on eBay and found a necklace, gloves and mask that look just like Charlotte's on the cover art!:D they're on their way as I type:) I only hope I can capture whats in my mind.

Hannah said...

Aww those are beautiful works of art! What you say about the "true beauty" of GTH makes me even more anxious to get my hands on a copy! LOL

That first picture kind of reminds me of The Phantom of the Opera!

ND's #1 fan said...

That's SO cool! love the red silk, black lace, and dead rose idea! (^_^)
And the burnt poem is really cool too! So exited for GTH!!! When May 14th comes, I am going to be at Best Buy ASAP! (lol)

Anonymous said...

Hey JL!
I love that drawing! LOVE the rose!
Anyway my birthday is next week on May 3rd and I was wondering if you could give me a shout out then? My name is Kristina and I'm turning 12! :)

~JOY77

Virginia said...

AHHH they got my letter and my poem thingy that my friend and I made ahhhhhhh

Shainnen Somerville said...

I really think that GTH has a beautiful storyline too! You know it reminds me of that Disney movie with Eddie Murphey "The Haunted Mansion". The woman dies in a masquerade ball with a lace mask, her ghost comes back to haunt the house and her killer and love and also to try and find her way back to heaven. I thought they both had really similar concepts :p

Anonymous said...

18 days 2 go!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oops! I almost forgot! I'm turning 12! :) Thanks JL!!!!! <3

~JOY77

Anonymous said...

Those are so beautiful. I'd say alot of peolpe beat me in Nancy Drew fandom. I have to go finish installing a game now!

From me,
Silvertongue.