Monday, September 24, 2012

New Things, Old Things...

I've been reading a lot of comments here, on Facebook and on the Message Boards. It got me thinking about the excitement for The Deadly Device. I notice several fans are really excited, while others are still hesitant.

Many of us, and yes I include myself on this, really appreciate the nostalgia of the older games, the older UI (User Interface), and the older style of story telling. Adapting to new changes and welcoming new mysteries can be a challenge at times, but we only mean to make things better (more accessible, easier to learn, easier to navigate, and so on). Although there is no perfect formula to fit all of our games, we aim to make each individual game perfect to its own story, in its own way.

I noticed one comment in particular from a player who said that The Deadly Device appears to be trying to capture the essence of the older games. (I can promise you this: our design team spends hours reading, meeting, testing, and bouncing back thoughts and ideas to make this true, not just for The Deadly Device, but for all upcoming games). We want to make being Nancy more fun, the puzzles rewarding and meaningful, the story rich, the characters interesting, and the environments beautiful and fun to explore.

But I will leave it up to you to decide where this game ranks on your list. In my opinion, this one is a very fun one to play! We shall see! I'm very eager to hear your thoughts, so be sure to pre-order your copy of the game and write your spoiler-free review once you have finished it. Are you ready for a new game?


Speaking of "new", it looks like many sleuths solved the weekend puzzle. This [Pigpen or Masonic] cipher decodes to this message: [New Awards], meaning the end-game awards...but...I think I've said too much already. I'll stop writing now... XD

And happy sweet 16th birthday, Lexie!


~Little Jackalope~

7 comments:

Future Animator said...

I'm SO excited to play DED, looks like it could be one of the best yet! Were you guys able to stop all those illegal DED downloads? Did someone just hack into y'all's computers, or did someone leak it? *sigh* sorry for probably loosing some sales.

Ash said...

Hey LJ, Great post! You always reward us with the best information! I was wondering if you could do a birthday shout out for my brother Mike on Thursday? That's his birthday and he is turning the big 21!! He loves your games and I know this would make his day really special! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hey LJ can I have birthday shoutout on my 14th bday on the 26th? My name is will.

Anonymous said...

I love all the games I've played so far. Although one of my favorites is an older one,I like the new expanded screen most of all. The only new thing that threw me off when I played TMB was how to save the game,but I caught on.

From me,
Silvertongue.

Hopeful Rabbit Productions said...

Since some of them are asking for birthday shout-outs, could you do one for my dad? His birthday is coming next Monday, turning 25. It would be a real coup if you could do it. My family knows I'm a Nancy Drew addict, and I'm betting my dad would be honored if you did this for me. :)

Little Jackalope said...

@Future HeR Animator -- We are investigating the illegal games, yes. Thanks for your support!

@Ash -- Noted!
@Will -- Noted!

@Silvertongue -- Like Nancy, you are a quick learner! Which is your favorite game?

@Allie-oop -- What's your dad's name? He's turning 25, right?

Hopeful Rabbit Productions said...

My dad's name is Samuel. He's actually turning 56, a bit ironic cos his birth year 1956.