Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Preparing our Games

This is a rather broad blog post title. Preparing our games could mean a lot of different things. At the moment, the production team is preparing for Beta, getting all the important "bugs" fixed and all critical cinematics and elements into the game.

The art team is preparing for ND#28, and some have already begun on their respective environments.

As for me, I'm preparing The Deadly Device game footage and notes to submit to ESRB, the Entertainment Software Rating Board. Once I submit our game to them, they take a look at it and determine what the game rating will be. (E for Everyone, or E10+ for Everyone ages 10 and up).

What I'd really like to see happen is all of us in the office preparing to launch Tomb of the Lost Queen (and future games) onto a tablet as well. Obviously I'm about to mention our Kickstarter Campaign. XD (Which has made it to the Staff Picks section!!) Also, Venture Beat wrote an article on us! Hooray! We still have a long ways to go to get this project fully funded, and thanks to everyone who have already pledged! Wow! 101 backers right now! I wonder if they'd accept Pa Pennies...

Great work detectives! You have solved Phoenix's puzzle! Here's how you do it:
1. Convert the numbers to letters:
[FASFDFCPO
ELPLDAYAO]
2. Arrange them by rail fence cipher: [FEALSPFLDDFACYPASLOO]
3. Replace letters with different letters, just like how you would decode/translate the glyphs into real words in Tomb of the Lost Queen. After much trial and error, the correct answer you should get is: [Interview with actress]. We are referring to the $1,000 pledge level, where you get to talk with Lani Minella, the voice actress who has been Nancy Drew since the very beginning! Have you checked out all the other fun rewards on the pledge levels of our Kickstarter Campaign?

~Little Jackalope~

6 comments:

Future Animator said...

Yay! Hopefully this means DED is close to done! :D :D Can't wait to see what ND28 will be!!
I seriously wish I had at least $5,000. I want to take a trip to yalls office more than anything. I've gotta think up a good excuse to get my parents to take me. But living on the other side of the country it's not looking good. But like Nancy Drew, I won't give up. :)

Anonymous said...

Aw, man, I didn't get it! ah well, at least I can be comforted by the fact that many others failed also. ;) So.... how much money do you guys need to raise? Are you close? And also, that interview sounds really awesome, but it's too bad that I don't have 1,000 dollars just lying around somewhere. Ha! That would be sooo cool, though...

I wish I could pledge, but I don't think my parents would let me. They'd be all like "You could use your money in better ways than that," or "Whatever happened to saving your money?" and blah blah blah. Anyways, best wishes to you guys and I really really really hope that it turns out right!

Man, that was long.

Anonymous said...

Would the mobile games be for iPod's too?

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear you'll still do the PC games because that's all I've got. Wow! That's an awesome reward for whoever can pledge $1,000. I bet Lani Minella is excited about it!

From me,
Silvertongue.

MJ said...

All right! It would be so great to havse the games on a tablet or smartphone! I hope you get that up and running soon.

Little Jackalope said...

@Anonymous -- You can check out all of the facts on our Kickstarter page, as you might notice, we have quite a ways to go!

@Anonymous -- Yes, I believe they would work on iPod Touch.

@Silvertongue -- Oh yes! We would not give up the PC or Mac games. ;)