Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Snow and Celebrity Gamers

Well, we were warned. The snow reeeally came down on us overnight, so the Her Interactive office is closed today. This means play-time outside during breaks. Short breaks, that is, because it's so cold outside! If only I had a gazillion Toasty Packs I would be able to stay outside for a longer length of time. I'm trying to build a fort wall like Freddie's in The White Wolf of Icicle Creek. Making it look like an actual castle wall would be the final touch.


On our Facebook page last week we posted a fun question on our wall: "If you could play a Nancy Drew Game with any celebrity...who would it be?" Among all the really awesome responses (I would totally agree with Sherlock Holmes and all those other detective movie actors and actresses; having another keen eye would really help out!) I was flattered to see a few people in particular say they would like to play with me. I totally didn't think I would make a few of your celebrity lists, thanks friends! ^.^ Of course, anyone who I would play alongside with would probably get minute-by-minute fun factoids and stories about how we made it...and of course, I would already know the story.

Twitter quote contest is going on! In honor of our getting snowed in today, we thought it would be appropriate to offer Treasure in the Royal Tower digital download as the prize. So what are you waiting for? I believe the quote today is a somewhat easy one to recognize, if you have a Twitter account, head over and participate!

~Little Jackalope~

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never thought of playing a game with a celebrity.All of my real favorite actor peole were in the old 1940's movies and shows.(in other words,I couldn't possibly play with them.)It would be fun to lay a game with you though.You could probablt help me out alot.

I was right about what I said the other day...Its snowing.It's so cold outside.I'd better go dig out my winter boots!

From me,
Silvertongue.

Anonymous said...

Dear Little Jackalope,
With all this snow,you said you haven't been to the office.I figured,when you get back I give ya something to smile about.It's Pixar!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwcfZC7wJJY&feature=related

Hope it works.

From me,
Silvertongue.

Anonymous said...

I was wondering.....How do you become a voice actor in a game? I would really love to voice a character!!!!!
Abby

Little Jackalope said...

To become a voice actor in a game, you'd need to become a voice actor in general, first. Try taking acting classes, and try out for acting parts where you can.

I'm not entirely sure how the writer and designer find their actors, they have their special ways of finding them. ;)

Little Jackalope said...

Thanks Silvertongue for that video link, I love seeing that over and over again. Spread the word! Jackalopes are totally real! Haha,
>.>
<.<

Anonymous said...

Awesome thanks for the ADVICE
Abby

Rebekah said...

I would do it with Shorty.... Or maybe Kit Foley!! Nah, Maybe Helena! I like everybody!

Rebekah said...

Dear Jackalope,
Like I was saying, I would like to be with Shorty! Or kit. How about you?

Little Jackalope said...

Rebekah: I think I would want to solve a mystery with both of the Hardy boys. Joe would be fun and would think outside the box, while Frank would keep us focused.

Of course, if I was to solve a case with Sonny Joon (my other choice), I'd probably take the lead and make him take notes...because he is so easily distracted! >.<