Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Middle of ND26

There is a lot going on here, but any random visitor wouldn't notice if they walked into our office, because everyone is really quite. (Except for me, when during lunch I shoot off my toy bow and arrow at the window with a colored-on target).

The artists are cranking away at a big deadline this Friday and so they have their eyes and minds focused on completing all their projects. A few programmers are busy solving the puzzle of "how to create this tricky puzzle in this scene" and putting it all together to make everything work properly. The writer and designer are polishing up last designs and dialogue, while at the same time beginning the early stages of the following game. Our Lead Tester is preparing for next week's tester training and of course, for heavy game testing. The sales and marketing team is planning, scheduling and cleaning up things to get ready for the early work of our next game launch (kind of like spring cleaning before adding new furniture).

~Artist's Row at night~
Yep, there is a lot going going on, and while you may not hear too much about it, we are deep into the middle of ND26! It might be a while before you get clued in with us, but in the meantime, there are plenty of past games we could play or replay. (I'm re-playing Warnings at Waverly Academy). What do you do in between new game releases?

~Little Jackalope~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I try to play ALL OF THEM:)

Syd

the Joneses said...

I go back and play my stash of favorites, including: "Secret of the Old Clock," "Ransom of the Seven Ships," and "Shadow at the Water's Edge," which I thought won the prize for great dialogue until Alibi in Ashes came out.

Oh, I also love the Dossier games and would welcome a new one.

-- Sara J