Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Answer is, Weeks Away

So the newsletter is up and running. Sometimes the mailman takes a bit longer than we surmise, so if you're not staring at it just yet, give 'er a few moments more. Or, if you just can't wait, you can totally check it out here.  We even managed to get the ol' product page set up in time for the announcement.  There's probably some interesting info to glean, so maybe take a peek or two at the website...

I can't stop gushing over the contest entries.  (You'll be seeing much more.)  But it's certainly got me think about the next big contest.  We've done essay writing, puzzle building, art contests, and photo contests, and I've loved them all!   But hey, we do these things for you all, (and I know I've asked it before, but I'm going to again,) sooooo...
What kind of contest should we run next?

 - Puzzle Solution 51 -

This puzzle has a whole lot of instructions, but you can get through it quite handily with a bit of patience.  I suggest using [ graph paper ] to help chart your progress.  Simply use [ 1 square to account for "1 pace" ] plus it is much easier to [ find and identify your cardinal directions and rotations. ] If not, find a whole lot of [open space and something to mark your movement with (stick in sand, chalk on pavement, etc.) ]

Once you're ready, follow each step precisely [ none should be too tricky, just make sure you're turning and walking in the correct directions ]

Afterward you can [ review the path you walked ] to see a hidden [ word ]  

Place that clue [(candy)] into the URL provided and you'll receive:
[ a picture of "Cow-a-Bubble" - 

http://www.herinteractive.com/temp/candy.jpg ]

--

Yes, it is definitely TOT related. In a previous puzzle we mentioned the feasibility of an [expanded KoKo Kringle candy line] and so I've offered you another feature from that. In fact here's something else to chew on...

Yeah, it is pretty sweet!

- Novel -

10 comments:

S. said...

Hey!
Will you be posting all winners' artwork?

Anonymous said...

I love your trivia contests, but maybe a design a game contest? The HER board has some great ideas.

Anonymous said...

I don't know if this could be a contest, but I would love a huge quiz on ND Adventure games. The ones from the past have been tooooo easy.

Corbalizer said...

Exciting info!
Just a few, quick questions:

Is the TOT microsite ready?

Is there going to be a TOT demo released?

How much MB memory am I going to need?

Thanks, Novel...

S. said...

Hmm... Possibly a collage making contest?
Or some other arty contest?

kaitienatorrr said...

I would love to see something related to the game process! I'm not sure if it would be a great idea, but I would personally love to create a character, or a setting, or something to appear in a later game. Preferably through description - I'm a terrible artist. xD
But, of course, that's a bit extreme. So I would also love to see something that relates to creative writing. :)

Novel_Sleuth said...

@ serena - I don't know if I can post all 30... plus I'd love to show off some of the non-winners as well. Everyone did such a standout job that I'd like to showcase as much as possible. Also, a collage contest sounds pretty sweet. I'm a fan of the artsy contests so I am totally for it!

@ anon1 - "design a game" could be pretty good. We get a huge amount of concept submissions, so I know there would be some really cool ones!

@ anon2 - I do love this idea, but I get the feeling that any ND quiz would be way too easy for you all. :P Still, maybe we could do some really extreme trivia...

@ corbalizer - Let's see.
The microsite is currently being built, but won't be ready for a bit (they didn't give me a date.) The demo will be released when the game comes out (I think this is how they normally do it...) And the system requirements should be: 1 GB of hard drive space and 256 MB of RAM. You can find the full requirements on the product page for TOT.

Thanks for the suggestions and comments!

- Novel -

Anonymous said...

I think maybe a basic game idea contest. You know the entrys include basic plot line, Title, Location ect. I dont know if that is to extreme though. Or maybe a what do you think nancy looks like contest or the same idea for sonny joon.

Anonymous said...

Please don't do another art contest! I think the trivia contest sounds awesome. But do trivia from the games. Some really hard questions like "How many bomb puzzles have there been in all 21 of the first Nancy Drew games?" something like that. I do realize that not everyone has played all of the ND games, but just please, get away from art!

Anonymous said...

I know we've already had an essay contest, but I'd really like some sort of writing contest, especially since I missed the last one. It could be a description of some element for a future game, a persuasive essay in favor of Nancy Drew, a critical review of a game, a comparison of multiple games, an advertisement, a poem, pretty much anything!